LingPipe is tool kit for processing text using computational linguistics. LingPipe is used to do tasks like:
- Find the names of people, organizations or locations in news
- Automatically classify Twitter search results into categories
- Suggest correct spellings of queries
To get a better idea of the range of possible LingPipe uses, visit our tutorials and sandbox.
LingPipe's architecture is designed to be efficient, scalable, reusable, and robust. Highlights include:
- Java API with source code and unit tests;
- multi-lingual, multi-domain, multi-genre models;
- training with new data for new tasks;
- n-best output with statistical confidence estimates;
- online training (learn-a-little, tag-a-little);
- thread-safe models and decoders for concurrent-read exclusive-write (CREW) synchronization; and
- character encoding-sensitive I/O.