The Yale cTAKES Extensions (YTEX) is a set of UIMA annotation engines and utilites that complement the Clinical Text Analysis and Knowledge Extraction System (cTAKES).
- Semantic Search Engine: A web service that enables users to find documents based on contained concepts and their negation status.
- BagOfWordsExporter: A utility for exporting annotations in a bag-of-words format for use with the WEKA data mining toolkit.
- NegexAnnotator: Negex-Based negation detection annotator
- SegmentRegexAnnotator: Regex-Based sectioner
- NamedEntityRegexAnnotator: Regex-Based named entity recognition
- DBConsumer: an UIMA CAS Consumer for storing cTAKES annotations in a relational database (RDBMS)
VA West Haven
- Named entity recognition
- Regular expressions
- Application Programming Interface
- Graphical User Interface
- Library of modular components
- Pipeline workflow
- Plug-in to other software
Data Model Subtype
- Object relational
Intended User Types
- Informatics researcher
- NLP researcher or developer
- Included demo/tutorial data
- Web page/HTML documentation